Coming home and thinking more

 

Snow White and the Broken Arm by Marlene Dumas in
permanent collection of the Kuntsmuseum, Den Haag,
The Netherlands


On Eurostar from the Netherlands I wrote two poems about returning home and a poem about forgetting. I haven't knowingly written a poem for a while. I had hoped I could, after bike rides, visits to museums, spending time with Giya. I felt refreshed by being away. I saw new things, including Snow White and the Broken Arm by Marlene Dumas, a South African by birth who lives in Amsterdam. And Snow White is holding a camera. When I went to visit mum and showed it to her she laughed. That was the response of a writer, I realised. It was subversive. 
There is lots to do now. It's a question of pacing, breathing and breaks, I'm told. 
I want to think more. I've been in plant mind all spring and summer. Autumn's provoking a change. 


Comments